YouTube Mistakes and YouTube Tips from YouTubers
Just like there are a things you can do to increase the likelihood of success in YouTube (including YouTube SEO Tactics), But, there are also many youtube mistakes which are commonly overlooked and avoiding these mistakes can help increase your chances for success within YouTube.
Terabrite on Vlogging (Personal Vlog Channels – YouTube Mistakes)
1) Have a main channel where you do something like music, skits, comedy, or something.
2) Make your vlogging channel unique, so as to stand out from all the other bloggers.
3) Try humor or something else to keep your viewers interest.
The Fine Brothers (How to Annoy Established YouTubers – YouTube Mistakes)
4) Don’t steal or just copy other people’s tags, descriptions, or titles for your video.
Many new YouTubers will copy the metadata from a successful video verbatim in the hopes that they will rank similarly, as often times with the hope that the original YouTuber will take notice and be honored that you found their work to be well optimized. In reality, you will end up annoying these people that you look up to, and they may never want to talk to you as a result. Not a good approach for attempting to become connected to a YouTube influencer.
Mystery Guitar Man (Collaborate)
5) Don’t just keep putting up videos on your channel over and over when nothing’s happening.
You may have 100 views, 200 views, 300 views, or even 4,000 views, but what you really need to be doing is developing one skill. Then collaborate with people who have more subscribers, but less skill. For example if you’re a really good 3D artist and go to someone with 10,000 subscribers and say let them know it. Tell them you can do something 3D for them. Maybe they do composing. You can suggest that if you do a 3D for them, they can mention you in their video. Just doing an amazing video and putting it up on your channel will probably not bring you the success you want. Collaborating with the community is a good way to start.
Street Light – Be Unique and Focus on Originality
6) Don’t try to be someone else.
Originality is important, but being yourself and don’t just follow a trend. If you do, it just adds you to the crowd. If you are the needle in a haystack, it’s difficult to stand out. You should focus on originality and create something that will make you stand out.
E3M Music – Take advantage of CTA Features
7) In the description box, don’t forget to have hyperlinks.
Some people have their YouTube accounts set up, but they don’t have their Facebook or Twitter linked in the description box. It is important to have a hyperlink, which is a link they can easily click, because people want to click it and go right to the page. They really don’t have the time to just copy, paste and put it in the browsers.
8) Don’t make everything long – YouTube Mistakes
It is best to keep things short.
9) Don’t forget to have a Subscribe button at the end.
You want people to subscribe to you.
10) Don’t do something just because you think it might get views.
Do content that you care about. Do something that really interests you, and make sure you find your voice. Don’t be one of those people who just show up once in a while. Have a long-term plan and don’t say, “If it doesn’t happen within a couple of months, I’m not going to do this.” Show up consistently and work on your craft. Think long-term and focus.
11) Don’t forget to watch other stuff.
Watch stuff that you love. A lot of people on YouTube, when they’re starting out, don’t watch other stuff. Watch your peers. Watch the people that inspire you. And I just think if you find your voice and you’re authentic and you keep stuff relatively short, you can do some good work and you hopefully will succeed.
Success on YouTube is not going to happen your first week and it’s not going to happen without creating unique content that you’re passionate about, and that is distributed in a strategic way. It’s going to take some time, but these tips will hopefully help make success easier for you.
Other Useful YouTube Tips Blog Posts
- YouTube 101 & How to Grow a YouTube Channel
- 5 Tips For Getting The Most From Online Marketing
- How To Increase YouTube Views – YouTube Consultancy
- Youtube SEO Guide: How to Rank #1 in Youtube
- Should I Buy YouTube Views and YouTube Subscribers?
- How to Tag Your YouTube Videos; Keyword YouTube Optimisation
- 5 Tips to Increase YouTube Watch Time and Audience Retention
- 10 Tips For Starting & Growing A YouTube Channel in 2017
- How to Gain YouTube Subscribers – YouTube Growth Strategy
- Sponsored YouTube Video Guidelines and Advice
- How To Create, Share and Collaborate With YouTube Playlists
- How To Add YouTube End Screens and Mobile Cards
- Royalty Free Music For YouTube – YouTube Audio Library
- How To Live Stream On YouTube – YouTube Live Streaming
- How Do YouTube Adverts Work?
- 5 Tips For New YouTubers – YouTube For Beginners
- YouTuber Blog Website & Why YouTubers Need Their Own Website