Screen recording is a great way to capture what’s happening on your iPhone, whether it’s a tutorial, a high score in a game, or a funny conversation.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to screen record on an iPhone:
- Open the Control Center: Swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone screen (or up from the bottom on iPhone X and later) to open the Control Center.
- Tap the “Screen Recording” icon: It looks like a small circle with two concentric circles inside. You’ll see a countdown timer appear on the screen, giving you a few seconds to get to the screen or app you want to record.
- Start recording: Once the countdown timer ends, the screen recording will begin. You’ll see a red bar at the top of your screen, indicating that the recording is in progress. To stop the recording, tap the red bar and then tap “Stop.”
- Edit and share your recording: Once you’ve stopped the recording, it will be saved in the Photos app. You can then edit and share the recording with your friends and family.
Some additional tips:
- To record audio while recording your screen, press deeply (3D Touch) or long press on the Screen Recording icon in the Control Center and turn on the Microphone Audio toggle switch.
- To record a specific portion of your screen, use the Markup feature to draw a frame around the area you want to record.
- To add a video of yourself to the recording, use the Picture in Picture feature to display a video of yourself as you record the screen.
And that’s it! You are now a pro at screen recording on your iPhone. You can now create your own tutorials, record funny moments with your friends, or even create a reaction video to your favourite TikToks.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about screen recording on an iPhone:
How do I find my screen recordings?
Once you stop a screen recording, it will be saved in the Photos app. You can access your recordings by opening the Photos app and navigating to the “Videos” album.
How can I edit my screen recordings?
You can edit your screen recordings using the built-in editing tools in the Photos app. You can trim the video, add filters, and adjust the volume. For more advanced editing, you can use third-party video editing apps.
Can I record my voice while recording the screen?
Yes, you can record your voice while recording the screen. To do this, open the Control Center, press deeply (3D Touch) or long press on the Screen Recording icon, and turn on the Microphone Audio toggle switch.
Can I record a specific part of the screen?
Yes, you can record a specific part of the screen. To do this, open the Control Center, press deeply (3D Touch) or long press on the Screen Recording icon, and use the Markup feature to draw a frame around the area you want to record.
Can I add a video of myself to the recording?
Yes, you can add a video of yourself to the recording using the Picture in Picture feature. To do this, open the Control Center, press deeply (3D Touch) or long press on the Screen Recording icon, and turn on the Picture in Picture toggle switch.
Can I record games or apps with a subscription?
It depends on the terms of service of the app or game, some apps don’t allow to record content, or can have their own restrictions. You should check the app or game’s terms of service before attempting to record it.
How long can my screen recording be?
The maximum recording length is limited to the amount of storage space on your iPhone. If you run out of storage space during a recording, the recording will automatically stop.