YouTube Shorts is a new short-form video feature on YouTube that allows users to create and share short-form videos, up to 60 seconds long. Shorts can be created using the YouTube app and can include elements such as music, text, and effects.
YouTube Shorts is designed to be a competitor to TikTok and other short-form video platforms. The feature was launched in September 2020 and is currently only available in select countries.
YouTube Shorts is aimed at creators and viewers who enjoy and engage with short-form video content, and it provides a new way for creators to reach and engage with their audiences on YouTube.
How To Make Money with YouTube Shorts
Making money on YouTube Shorts is possible through monetization, where you earn money from advertisements shown on your videos. Here are a few ways you can do this:
- Monetization through AdSense: This is where you link your YouTube channel with Google AdSense and earn money from advertisements shown on your videos. The earnings depend on various factors such as views, clicks, and engagement on your videos, and the amount of money you can earn varies.
- Affiliate marketing: You can promote products and services on your videos and earn a commission for each sale made through your unique affiliate link. The commission percentage varies depending on the affiliate program you join.
- Sponsored content: Brands may pay you to create content promoting their products or services. The amount you earn depends on the brand and the nature of the agreement.
It is challenging to estimate the income from YouTube Shorts as it depends on various factors such as views, engagement, and monetization methods.
Note that it takes time and effort to build a large and engaged audience, so don’t expect to make a lot of money overnight.
Here are some frequently asked questions about YouTube Shorts:
What are YouTube Shorts?
- YouTube Shorts is a new short-form video feature on YouTube that allows users to create and share videos up to 60 seconds in length.
How do I create a YouTube Short?
- To create a YouTube Short, you’ll need to use the YouTube app on your smartphone. From the app, you can access the Shorts camera, where you can record and edit your video.
Can I monetize my YouTube Shorts?
- Yes, you can monetize your YouTube Shorts through ads and other monetization methods. However, the rules and requirements for monetization may change over time.
What are the requirements for uploading a YouTube Short?
- To upload a YouTube Short, you’ll need to have a YouTube account, and your channel must meet YouTube’s Partner Program policies. Additionally, there may be restrictions on the content you can include in your Shorts.
Can I use music in my YouTube Shorts?
- Yes, you can use music in your YouTube Shorts. However, you must have the rights to use the music, and YouTube may remove videos that violate copyright laws.
Can I edit my YouTube Shorts after I’ve uploaded them?
- Yes, you can edit your YouTube Shorts after uploading them. From the YouTube app, you can access your video and make changes such as trimming, adding music, or changing the caption.
Can I see the performance of my YouTube Shorts?
- Yes, you can see the performance of your YouTube Shorts, including views, engagement, and audience retention. From the YouTube Studio, you can access analytics for your Shorts and other videos on your channel.